CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back to So Cool

Today my little baby girl entered the third grade. This year is sure to leave it's mark on her life. She will be in school only one extra hour, but the expectations increase far more than that. She loves school and I know she will do great, but part of the mom in me doesn't want to see my little Sadie-bug pass these milestones. She enters a new phase in school of tests and more homework, the pressure from teachers and peers increases and the responsibilities grow. It is an exciting time too... as she blossoms into a young lady, grows in spiritual depth and gains understanding. Still, I can't help but want to protect her even more so now. Maybe it is because she thinks she knows it all, and I know just how much she doesn't. Maybe it's because I still remember the 'tween years... caught right between childhood and the teen years. Maybe it's just because I feel like time has flown by so quickly. Whatever the reason, I want to hold her precious face in my hands and pause right here for just a moment. I want to surround her with all the people who love and adore her and want only the best for her, and I want to push the rest of the world away, if only for a day.

As for Sadie's first day of school, she did great. She was a little timid walking into school. She actually wanted to hold my hand the entire morning. I thought she might not want me to leave. But when she saw her best friend they ran to each other and embraced in a full body hug. Thankfully they are in the same class. Sadie felt much more at ease with her friends by her side. Her friends are such nice girls and the parents are great too. I can't wait to see what the year holds.

0 comments: